If you're a new hire in the past 12 months, you are eligible for a complimentary membership.
Who are we?
OCASA is the professional network for Ontario college administrators dedicated to learning and leading together.
What do we do?
- Provide access to a vibrant network for professional growth and exchange
- Support for professional and career development opportunities
- Recognition awards & study bursaries
- Provide ongoing support through legal services, research, provincial consultation
- OCASA members are leaders in their colleges and in the province. They are passionate, innovative and committed
- Gain access to leadership and professional development, including webinars, online resources and certification
- Tap into college experience through a professional network of college leaders
- OCASA is invited into consultation at the provincial level, ensuring professional issues for college leaders are moved forward
- OCASA is a sponsor of the CAAT Pension Plan – we represent your interests for your future
- Members receive timely and pertinent updates on emerging issues
- Access to legal services, with 2 hours free billing time per issue for employment related matters
Who can join?
All administrators employed in Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology or Institutes of Technology and Advanced Learning are eligible to join OCASA, including part-time, contract and full-time administrative staff. There is NO minimum length of service for membership. College presidents are not eligible to join OCASA. Learn more!
Associate Level in OCASA is open to administrative employees who satisfy one of the categories below:
- work as an administrator in publicly funded Canadian college or institute that does not fall under the OCAAT system but share common interests in professional development, research and employee advocacy; or
- work administratively in organizations that are directly linked to the OCAAT sector; and/or are included as members of the OCAAT pension plan; or
- employees working in an administrative capacity, in a “seconded” role from faculty or support, and share common interests in professional development, research and employee advocacy.
The Executive Committee will determine eligibility for an Associate on a case by-case basis. Learn more!
Retiree Level in OCASA is open to all administrative employees who were OCASA members at the time of retirement. Learn more!